Benefits of Fitness Sorting :
- To sort currency according to different uses and fitness quality requirements.
As an example ATM machines require high quality and clean banknotes in order to operate smoothly , maximize ATM uptime and minimize service calls.
While bills designated for bank tellers, cashiers or similar customer service personnel may not need to be as clean, but should still meet certain quality standards to maintain a professional appearance, increase customer satisfaction and reduce transaction times.
- To reduce cash transportation costs.
- To meet the local country’s fitness standards as well as the Federal Reserve fitness guidelines for U.S. banknotes as part of the Currency Recirculation Policy, and to avoid cross-shipping fees.
Unfit banknotes :
Any Fake bill is considered as unfit
Banknotes with non-standard dimensions
A banknote with a missing missing part is classified as incomplete.
A banknote that has become worn or sustained minor damage is classified as unfit.
- A banknote that has holes, tears, tape, or folded/missing corners.
- A bill that has excessive soil and graffiti is considered unfit
- some denominations of specific years are not allowed to be circulated and are considered as unfit